4 de junio de 2009

Francisco Ortega






The area of the journalism I like is the cultural journalism. More exactly the literary and cinematographic critique.
Some years ago I listened about a chilean book of science fiction called "El número Kaifmann". This novel was about a man called Paul Kaifmann and about the situations that take him to an unexpected adventure that involves the Vatican, the Service of Intelligent of many countries and a lot of conspiracies and chilean mythology.

I read the review in the back of the book and I felt that I must to get it. It was really original, funny and joined all the qualities I value in a novel. Then, I saw the name of the author, he was Francisco Ortega, a journalist.



"¿A journalist?", I thought. ¿Are there journalist doing works as this one? I was about fifteen years old, I had not decided what I was going to study, but Francisco Ortega made me think in the journalism.

F. Ortega studied journalism and he has worked in mediums like El Mercurio, Virtualia, Radioactiva and Sobras.com. Also, he is director of the magazine Vive! of VTR company, he has been cinematographic critic and editor of the chilean Rolling Stone magazine, the publisher of Muy Interesante magazine and columnist of the Capital magazine.



With Alberto Fuguet, he wrote the script of Se Arrienda, the movie that was released in 2005 and, also, he wrote the script of the Las últimas noticias´s comic book: La historia de Chile en Cómic.




In 1994 Ortega published his first novel: 60 Kilómetros. His stories have appeared in anthologies like Disco Duro, Música Ligera and Años Luz: Mapa estelar de la ciencia-ficción en Chile.



Francisco Ortega uses the journalism as an hybrid trade. He is journalist, writer and scriptwriter. He is the most similar exponent of the journalist that I aspire to be.

















1 comentarios:

Paula dijo...

Great, José.

The only thing is that you don´t say, "must to" and you say THINK OF /ABOUT.


You get 2 points.

Paula

Publicar un comentario

 


another screenplay © 2008. Design by: Pocket