30 de abril de 2009

Toward the best E-Zine: Tau Zero


One day, when I was 15 years old, I was watching on television a newscast made for young people. It was broadcasted by Canal 13 and it name was "6 P.M." In that chapter , the presenter, Soledad Onetto, invited a young girl who was becoming connoted in the world of Harry Potter`s fans clubs. Her name was Francisca Solar and that was the first time I knew about her.


That news talked about the amazing success of a book written by Francisca. Her work was specifically an "e-book", it means, a new kind of novel accessible only trough Internet. That book was called "Harry Potter y el Ocaso de los Altos Elfos" and it was an example of the new trend between the fan clubs: create own versions of the original productions; make fan´s movies, fan´s comics, and like Francisca, fan´s books.



Today, those fan´s books have been called "fan fictions" or "fanfics". Untill that day, I have never listened anything about "fanfics", but I loved (and I still love) the Harry Potter books, so I felt the need of knowing more about Francisca Solar and the "fanfictions".



Few minutes after the program had finished I found the page where Francisca had published her fanfic. Sadly, the page was collapsed of visitors so I couldn´t read what Francisca Solar had wrtitten. I couldn´t read that, but I preserved the hope to find more fanfics in Internet so I started a hard search that took me to a page, about Science Fiction, called UTOPIKA. In that page I met for the first time a style of interaction with other cybernauts: the forums.


I didn´t use to "sail along internet" so much, but since that day I can not stop taking part of discussions or debates in diverse forums and blogs.


One day I entered in UTOPIKA and I discovered that it had been removed because the admininistrators had embarked in a more ambitious project: make a virtual magazine or an "e-zine". The name of the magazine was Tau Zero and untill today I can´t stop checking it and taking part in it. It e-zine is about science fiction, fantasy, literature, movies, comics, science, tv-series, it means, all what I love. Tau Zero is my favourite page.


In Tau Zero I knew about a lot of more prolific writers. As prolific as Francisca Solar, but about a lot of more variety.


In this link you could find Tau Zero, the best chilean e-zine:

http://www.tauzero.org













1 comentarios:

Paula dijo...

Hi Jose, good job.

Your article was very nice. The only comments I would make are: you always "listen to something" and you talk about "surfing the net", not sailing, and you say "on the internet".

I recommend you visit this dictionary: http://www.urbandictionary.com

By the way, your blog has no comments. Did you comment on anybody´s bog?

You get 1.5 points.

Paula

Publicar un comentario

 


another screenplay © 2008. Design by: Pocket